‘The aim of Scouting is to contribute to the development of the youth in achieving their full spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, and cultural potential.’
‘If you are aged 18 – 20 then you can become a Rover. Get the Edge. Broaden Your Horizons. Anything is Possible: Explorer Belt, Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, and so much more.’
The Explorer Belt…
An Opportunity of a Lifetime: As a Venturer you could find yourself trekking with a friend across some far off country (Italy, Lithuania, Poland, or Austria/Czech Republic) – a different country each year.
Explorer Belt Requirements…
- 1) 200km over 10/12 Days of countryside traveling through towns and villages.
- 2) 200km must take place by hiking.
- 3) An additional 100km may be traveled using certified public transport.
- 4) Keep a log of your journey and experiences.
- 5) Completing a number of compulsory projects assigned to you by the Expedition Team.
- 6) Completing a number of personal projects assigned to you in consultation with the Expedition Team.
- 7) Living on a limited budget.
- 8) Maintain records of your diet and spending.
An Incredible Achievement…
In the end up, a well deserved ‘Explorer Belt‘ each is awarded to successful teams, although it is the participation that is the important factor.
‘200 kms. 10/12 Days. The Clock is ticking. The Countdown begun.’
The 2014 Explorer Belt was in: Slovakia and Hungary.